One of the important improvement in the new version of BCS Meta Man is ability to edit connection properties for the External Content Type. We will consider how you can change the LOB System properties of an External Content Type for different data sources and different LOB system models.
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional or higher
- BCS Meta Man 188.8.131.52 or above
- At least one External content type on the on the BCS Meta Man diagram
- To edit the LOB system properties you should select “Configure External System Connection Settings” menu item in the “BCS MetaMan” menu
- If you use Database Model type connection properties dialog looks different for various data sources
- for MS SQL you are able to edit Server name, Database name, Authentication mode, User name, Password and Secure Store ID
- for Oracle you are able to edit Server name, Authentication mode, User name, Password, Secure Store ID
- for ODBC connection you are able to edit Authentication mode, Secure Store ID
- If you use WCF Model type you are able to edit Service endpoint address and Service Metadata address
- If you use .net Assembly Connector you are able to edit only Secure Store ID for any data sources because all other parameters can be changed in generated C# code.
We hope the description of new improvement will be useful for you. If you have any questions feel free to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org