BCS Meta Man v3 released
BCS Meta Man (Business Connectivity Services Metabase Manager) for Windows is released today with the following improvements:
- Oracle configuration is even easier (no need to setup clients/drivers)
- OData connections with Secure Store Authorization
- WCF Web Service support
- Preview Data
- Save/Open Model Files
Okay Okay…. But WHAT is BCS Meta Man? BCS Meta Man is a Windows application that enables you to connect to many external data sources and generate the External Content Type without writing any code. You can connect to Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, MSAccess, DB2, Informix, Progress, Postgre SQL, WCF Web Services, and OData. In English? You don’t have to spend days writing code to bring all of your business applications and display data from them in Microsoft SharePoint.
Oracle Configuration is EVEN Easier!
Its this easy to connect to Oracle:
1. We install the drivers for you. Just power up BCS Meta Man for Windows, select Oracle as the data source. Set the servername, username and password that you wish to use to connect to the Database server.
2. Click Tables or Views. Search or browse for the Table/View that you want to connect to.
3. Drag the table or view onto the design surface, and select the methods that you wish to create:
4. Configure other Optional properties like Filters, Custom Actions, Show in Picker, Associations etc.
5. Hit Generate! The External Content Type will then be deployed to your SharePoint environment.
Don’t wait until you have deployed the External Content Type, Set up your permissions etc to find you got the wrong data! Using BCS Meta Man you can preview the data which ensures the database connectivity works and you can tell that you are connecting to the correct Table/View.
New Data Sources
With WCF Web Service support, OData Secure Store, and Refined Oracle connections, connecting to your external data couldn’t be easier. We’ll be adding new data sources all the time. Look out for Salesforce support next!
To a fully functional trial with no table limitations, navigate to: https://lightningtools.com/products/bcs-meta-man-2010-and-2013/
Why not also try our Chart Web Part and Data View allowing you to build business data dashboards in minutes based on your External Data. BCS Meta Man, Chart and Data Viewer are available as a bundle: https://lightningtools.com/bcsbundles/