SharePoint Calendar Lists items can be rolled up using both the Content by Search web part and the Content by Query Web Part. Both of these web parts are available with the Enterprise CAL of Microsoft SharePoint or SharePoint Online. Using the Lightning Conductor Web Part, not only can you aggregate SharePoint Calendar List items, but you can also display your Calendar list items within a Calendar view. It doesn’t require much time or coding at all, and you will soon be able to provide useful aggregated SharePoint Calendar content to your SharePoint users such as Team Calendars or Resource Calendars. The Lightning Conductor Web Part can be used throughout all versions of SharePoint including Foundations, and also within SharePoint Online using the Lightning Conductor SharePoint Add-In.
To rollup SharePoint Calendar List items across site collections using the Lightning Conductor:
- Add the Lightning Conductor Web Part or Add-In to your SharePoint page.
- Hover over the drop down in the top right hand corner of the web part and select Create View.
- Name the View ‘Calendar Lists‘ or something else that you prefer by clicking the Web Part tab.
- Select XSL Display Provider under ‘Configure Display Provider’
- Click the Data Source Tab, and select the individual lists, Sites or Site Collections that you would like to form the scope of the content query.
- Set the List Type to ‘Calendar‘.
- Optionally set the Content Type and Content Type Group if you are using a Content Type that derives from Calendar list Content Type.
- Select any columns for your Calendar View which you would like to display, sort or filter such as Event Type, End Time.
- Select the LightningTools Calendar XSL Display Provider.
- Click Save.
- The Calendar View will then be displayed. Notice you can select the Day, Week and Month view.
See this in a video: