Within this training video, you will learn how to install DeliverPoint into your SharePoint Online Tenant.
Steps to installing DeliverPoint Client Side Web Part
To install DeliverPoint into your SharePoint Online Tenant, please follow these steps:
- Download the Lightning Tools DeliverPoint Files.
- If you are planning on installing the trial version, please download DeliverPoint by completing the following online form: Download Here (Note: you will receive an email from Lightning Tools with the direct download link in the email).
- If you are an existing customer, you can download DeliverPoint from here: Download Here
- Extract the downloaded zip file and locate the DeliverPoint-SPFx-Client-Side-Web-Part folder.
- The DeliverPoint-SPFx-Client-Side-Web-Part folder will contain a file called deliverpoint-cswp.sppkg. (Note: If you are using a dedicated SharePoint Online tenant, please use the deliverpoint-cswp-sppkg file in the sub folder SP Online Dedicated)
- Meanwhile, open a browser and navigate to your App Catalog. The url will typically be: https://[TenantName].sharepoint.com/sites/appcatalog/SitePages/Home.aspx
- Within the AppCatalog site, please open the Apps for SharePoint library from the left hand navigation pane.
- Drag and drop the deliverpoint-cswp.sppkg file into the Apps for SharePoint library.
- You will be prompted as to whether you trust the deliver-point-cswp-client-side-solution. If you wish to use the product, please check the check box “Make this solution available to all sites in the organization” and click Deploy.
- If you wish to use DeliverPoint within Microsoft Teams as well as SharePoint Online, please select the deliver-point-cswp-client-side-solution package, and choose “Sync to Teams” from the FILES ribbon.
- Grant the DeliverPoint solution API access permissions to read and write to the Active Directory via the Graph API by navigating to the Microsoft 365 Admin centre. (Note: This is required to query permissions granted via Active Directory Security Groups and Microsoft 365 Groups).
10. Click Show all in the left-hand navigation pane of the Admin centre.
11. Navigate to the SharePoint Admin Centre using the left-hand navigation menu.
12. Expand Advanced.
13. Click API Access on the left-hand navigation menu.
14. Approve the separate pending requests to grant DeliverPoint API access.
15. You have now fully installed DeliverPoint in your SharePoint environment!
16. With DeliverPoint successfully installed and synced to Teams, you can open a Teams channel, search and add the DeliverPoint tab to the channel.
17. If you want to add DeliverPoint as a personal app in Teams, you can go to your Teams admin center and confirm it is published and allowed in the Manage apps section.
18. You can also confirm that third-party apps and custom apps are enabled under org-wide app settings.
19. Note that it may take up to a few days before you can add DeliverPoint as a personal app from the Apps button on the Teams left pane.