The Cross Web Application roll up web part is now here! Lightning Tools provided you with the cross site collection roll up. Customer demand drove us to rebuild the web part to offer cross web application as well as cross site collection aggregation. Now you can roll up from the entire SharePoint farm.
When you add the Lightning Conductor Web Part to the page, you simply need to follow three easy steps to aggregate content from anywhere.
In this example we will walk through the steps to aggregate all the Task lists from the Farm.
1. Once the web part is added to the page, simply choose Configure Lightning Conductor 2010 from the web part menu.
2. Select the Display provider from the first configuration screen. You can choose from XSL or Grid View. (Sample XSL Files are available to choose from).
3. Set the Data Refreshing Interval allowing the web part to automatically refresh the results.
4. For performance testing, choose to display statistic information.
5. From the second screen, you can configure where you would like to aggregate data from. The choices are Entire Farm, Selected Web Applications, Selected Site Collections, Selected Sites, or Selected Lists.
6. You can then choose the List Type, and optionally the Content Type to aggregate from.
7. You can set to enable or disable audience targeted results.
8. From the third screen, configure which columns you would like to display within the web part and configure the order of the columns along with filter and other fine tuning options.
9. Click Finish and view your results!
If you would like to trial the cross web application roll up web part, please download it from: https://www.lightningtools.com/lightning-conductor-2010-web-part.aspx