In this video, we explore how to add Social Squared to a SharePoint Site for the first time. You’ll be able to create a new page, add the Social Squared Web Part, and learn how the hidden repository lists are created.
Adding Social Squared
If you are reading this, you have already added Social Squared to your SharePoint Site! However, hopefully this section will provide you with some insights, tips, and tricks on adding Social Squared.
Social Squared can be added to any Modern SharePoint page, and that includes the home page of a SharePoint Team Site or Communication Site.
To add Social Squared:
- Edit the SharePoint page by clicking Edit in the top right-hand corner.
- Click the + icon in the section of the page where you wish to add Social Squared.
- Click the Social Squared Forums app.
- The first time you add Social Squared to a SharePoint Site, it will create some hidden lists within the site. These lists store the content and configuration of Social Squared. Please be patient while these lists are generated.
- Once the lists have finished installing, you can begin to configure Social Squared. Before we do, let’s discuss some ideas around the structure of the Forum Groups and Forums in the next section.