In this video, we build Action Buttons within the Edit form of a SharePoint List using Lightning Forms. We create an Approval Button, along with a review of two other buttons for Generating a Document and Sending the document to an external email.
Command Bar Actions
In this section, we will create an example Action that Submits an Expense Claim for approval:
- Click Actions on the command bar within your desired form.
- Choose Command Bar
- Provide a Display Name such as ‘Submit for Approval’
- Select an icon (note that you can search for an icon. In the below example, we search on the word ‘Send’)
- Optionally configure a Visible Expression or Enabled Expression. An example of a useful expression is: [[@User.IsMemberOfGroup(‘Approvers’)]]. This expression will mean that the button is only visible to Approvers.
- Click Configure Actions.
- Drag the following Actions in Order:
- Save Form
- Send internal email
- Show a message
- Close Form