Within this video, you will learn how to install the Lightning Conductor Client Side Web Part in to SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams from the SharePoint Store.
Steps To Installing the Lightning Conductor Client Side Web Part
To install Lightning Conductor into your SharePoint Online Tenant, please follow these steps:
Note: You will need Administrator access to your tenant complete this process, but you can Request the Lightning Conductor App as a non-administrator for your tenant.
To request the Lightning Conductor App for your SharePoint Site, or Microsoft Teams team, please follow the below steps:
- Navigate to a SharePoint site where you wish to use the Lightning Conductor. If you want to add the Lightning Conductor to Microsoft Teams, navigate to the underlying SharePoint Site for the Team.
- Click the cog icon in the top right corner of your SharePoint Site.
- Click Add an app
- Click the SharePoint Store in the left hand navigation pane.
- In the search box, Type ‘Lightning Tools’.
- Select Lightning Conductor CSWP. Please ignore Lightning Conductor SharePoint Content Rollup. This is the Add-In version for class SharePoint.
Select the Lightning Conductor CSWP app
- Click the REQUEST IT button.
- Select Request this app for everyone in my organization.
- Optionally, provide a justification reason such as “I need to aggregate Content more easily for my team members”.
A request will now be made, and the Administrator will receive an email notifying them of your request. If you are the Administrator, you can follow the steps below:
- As the Administrator, either click approve the request in the email, or navigate to your SharePoint Online AppCatalog.
- Open the App Requests list within the App Catalog.
- Edit the Lightning Conductor CSWP request by clicking the Edit Icon.
- Under View App Details, click the “Click here to view app details and purchase or manage licenses” link.
- You will now be able to click ADD IT.
- Check the box to Make this solution available to all sites in the organization.
- The Lightning Conductor will automatically download to your SharePoint App Catalog.
- To make the Lightning Conductor available within Microsoft Teams Tabs or Microsoft Teams Personal Apps, select the Lightning Conductor package in the Apps for SharePoint, and click Sync to Teams within the Files ribbon.
- Grant the API Permissions for the Lightning Conductor by navigating to the Admin Center for your Tenant.
- Click Show All on the left hand navigation pane.
- Click SharePoint to go to the SharePoint admin center
- Expand Advanced on the left hand navigation menu.
- Click API access
- Under Pending Requests, approve the requests for the Lightning Conductor to access content via Microsoft Graph.
You will now be able to start using the Lightning Conductor. The Getting Started video and documentation will help you.