Within this training video, you will learn how to install the Lightning Conductor into your SharePoint Online Tenant for SharePoint and Teams.
Steps to installing The Lightning Conductor Client Side Web Part
To install the Lightning Conductor into your SharePoint Online Tenant, please follow these steps:
- Download the Lightning Tools Lightning Conductor Files.
- If you are planning on installing the trial version, please download the Lightning Conductor by completing the following online form: Download Here (Note: you will receive an email from Lightning Tools with the direct download link in the email).
- If you are an existing customer, you can download the Lightning Conductor from here: Download Here
- Extract the downloaded zip file and locate the Lightning-Conductor-SPFx-2019-Online folder.
- The Lightning-Conductor-SPFx-2019-Online folder will contain a file called lightning-conductor-cswp.sppkg.
- Meanwhile, open a browser and navigate to your App Catalog. The url will typically be: https://[TenantName].sharepoint.com/sites/appcatalog/SitePages/Home.aspx
- Within the AppCatalog site, please open the Apps for SharePoint library from the left hand navigation pane.
- Drag and drop the lightning-conductor-cswp.sppkg file into the Apps for SharePoint library.
- You will be prompted as to whether you trust the lightning-conductor-cswp-client-side-solution. If you wish to use the product throughout your SharePoint and Microsoft Teams tenant, please check the check box “Make this solution available to all sites in the organization” and click Deploy.
- If you wish to use the Lightning Conductor within Microsoft Teams as well as SharePoint Online, please select the lightning-conductor-cswp-client-side-solution package, and choose “Sync to Teams” from the FILES ribbon.
- Next, we need to grant some API permissions if you wish the Lightning Conductor to aggregate content from the Microsoft Graph entities such as Planner Tasks, OneDrive Items, and Messages.
- Grant the lightning-conductor-cswp-client-side-solution permissions to Microsoft Graph by navigating to the Admin centre.
11. Click Show all in the left hand navigation pane of the Admin centre.
12. Navigate to the SharePoint Admin Centre using the left hand navigation menu.
13. Expand Advanced.
14. Click API Access on the left hand navigation menu. You should see several Pending Microsoft Graph API permission requests. Select them one by one and click Approve. NOTE: You must be a Tenant or Application Admin to perform this step.
15. You have now fully installed the Lightning Conductor!