The Lightning Data Viewer has been released today with the added functionality of being able to build Charts as well as the existing data grid with conditional formatting. The Data Viewer can now also be used within Microsoft Teams tabs allowing Microsoft Teams users to display External Data from SharePoint Lists, Microsoft SQL Azure Databases, OData, or Business Connectivity Services External Content Types.
Deploying the Data Viewer Client Side Web Part to Microsoft Teams Tabs
After deploying the latest version of the Data Viewer Client Side Web Part to your SharePoint App Catalog, simply select the Data Viewer Package, and click the button “Sync to Teams”.
Users, can then add the Data Viewer Client Side Web Part to Microsoft Teams Tabs by clicking the Add A Tab button.
Build Charts in Microsoft Teams
To Build Charts in Microsoft Teams, follow these simple steps:
1. Click the Configure button within the Data Viewer.
2. Select the data source. You can select from SharePoint Lists, Microsoft SQL Azure Database, OData, or Business Connectivity Services.
3. Select the Display as either a Grid View or Chart view.
4. After configuring your data source, select the columns that you wish to display. Note that you can also created calculated columns to be used in your view or chart at this point, as well as applying filters.
5. Select the type of chart that you would like to create, and refine the properties such as color, trendlines etc.
6. Click Save!
There are many different types of Chart supported, including Donuts, Pie, Column, Line, Area, and scatter. Each option provides many configurations allowing your users to display the Chart exactly to their requirements.
Using the Data Viewer Client Side Web Part to Display a Grid of Data
To display a grid of data, with conditional formatting to highlight key data:
1. Select the Grid View rather than Chart View.
2. Configure the Data Source.
3. Select your columns to display
4. Configure any Databars, Conditional Formatting, Icons etc
5. Click Save
If you would like to see a private demonstration of the Data Viewer Client Side Web Part, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or download a trial from: https://lightningtools.com/product/data-viewer-client-side-web-part