Within this video, you will learn the steps to installing DeliverPoint to manage your permissions from the SharePoint App Store to your SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams tenants.
Steps To Installing DeliverPoint
To install DeliverPoint into your SharePoint Online Tenant, please follow these steps:
Note: You will need Administrator access to your tenant complete this process, but you can Request DeliverPoint as a non-administrator for your tenant.
To request the DeliverPoint for your SharePoint Site, or Microsoft Teams team, please follow the below steps:
- Navigate to a SharePoint site where you wish to use the DeliverPoint. If you want to add DeliverPoint to Microsoft Teams, navigate to the underlying SharePoint Site for the Team.
- Click the cog icon in the top right corner of your SharePoint Site.
- Click Add an app.
- Click the SharePoint Store in the left hand navigation pane.
- In the search box, Type ‘Lightning Tools’.
- Select DeliverPoint.
Select the DeliverPoint app
- Click the REQUEST IT button.
- Select Request this app for everyone in my organization.
- Optionally, provide a justification reason such as “I need to report more accurately the SharePoint permissions within the sites that I manage”.
A request will now be made, and the Administrator will receive an email notifying them of your request. If you are the Administrator, you can follow the steps below:
- As the Administrator, either click approve the request in the email, or navigate to your SharePoint Online App Catalog.
- Open the App Requests list within the App Catalog.
- Edit the DeliverPoint request by clicking the Edit Icon.
- Under View App Details, click the “Click here to view app details and purchase or manage licenses” link.
- You will now be able to click ADD IT.
- Check the box to Make this solution available to all sites in the organization.
- DeliverPoint will automatically download to your SharePoint App Catalog.
- To make the DeliverPoint available within Microsoft Teams Tabs or Microsoft Teams Personal Apps, select the DeliverPoint package in the Apps for SharePoint, and click Sync to Teams within the Files ribbon.
- Grant the API Permissions for DeliverPoint by navigating to the Admin Center for your Tenant.
- Click Show All on the left-hand navigation pane.
- Click SharePoint to go to the SharePoint admin center.
- Expand Advanced on the left-hand navigation menu.
- Click API access.
- Under Pending Requests, approve the requests for DeliverPoint.
You can check the Getting Started video and documentation for steps on how to use DeliverPoint.