In this video, we add Social Squared as a Microsoft Teams Tab and build Forum Groups and Forums so that our Team members can post Topics and Questions within specific forums when they require help. This video will help you to understand how to categorize the Forum Groups and Forums for topics within your organization.
Steps for adding Social squared to microsoft Teams General Channel
- Navigate to the Teams Channel on which Social Squared will be added.
- Click on the plus icon to add an app.
- Select the Social Squared app and click Save.
The Social Squared app will now be listed as a tab along the top navigation.
Creating Forum Groups
- Click on the cog icon on the left side of the Social Squared app.
- Select Add Forum Group. There must be at least one Forum Group to use Social Squared.
- Add a Title for your Forum Group and click Add. In the above video example, we created three Forum Groups for the different subjects taught at the school.
Adding Discussion Forums within Forum Groups
- Within Forum Groups, we can create further categories for which to group discussions. Next to the Forum Group, click on View Forums.
- Select Add Forum.
- Provide a Title and Description for the Forum. In our video example above, under the Languages Forum Group, we created a Forum for English, Spanish, and French.
- Under the Moderators field, choose a user or users to be moderators of this particular Forum. Moderators can delete, edit, and move Topics within the Forum.
- Click Add to create the Forum.
Displaying forum groups in other Teams channels
Once the Social Squared app is added to a Team, it can be displayed differently in different Teams channels. Using the example in the above video, if we have a Computing Channel, we can make only the Computing Forum Group visible on that particular Channel.
- Navigate to a Teams Channel and add the Social Squared app. The steps for this are listed at the top under STEPS FOR ADDING SOCIAL SQUARED TO MICROSOFT TEAMS GENERAL CHANNEL. This will display the Social Squared Forums tab in the top navigation, and will include any Forum Groups and Forums that have already been created within your Team.
- Click on the drop down next to the Social Squared Forums tab and choose Settings.
- Under the Social Squared Forum Settings on the right, there is a Forum Groups field. Enter the name of an existing Forum Group that you want to be displayed. In our example, we type Computing to display only the Computing Forum Group. To display more than one Forum Group, type each name separated by a comma WITHOUT A SPACE.
- The changes should appear automatically after the Forum Group names are typed in the field correctly. Close the Settings side panel by clicking the X in the upper right corner.