In this video, we’ll learn how to create sublists within our forms. Sublists help us to build One-Many type forms using a lookup column between the main list and the sublist.
To create sublists within your form:
- Click the + icon where you would like the sublist to appear.
- From the Add dialog, scroll down to the Lists and Libraries section.
- Select the list or library that you wish to insert.
- In the List configuration, you can set the following properties:
- View – Select the view from the sublist that you wish to display
- Use as Sub item? – Check this option to link the two lists via a lookup column
- If you are using a lookup column, specify the name of the lookup column, or create a new lookup column by clicking the + icon as highlighted below.
- CAML filter – Optionally set a filter if you are not using a lookup column to filter the items you wish to see in the sublist.
- List Forms – Optionally specify which New Form and Edit Form you would like the sublist to use.
- Appearance Settings – Refine the sublist by choosing whether to display the search, command bar, and Header Text.
Note: Custom JSON formatting or custom buttons do not display on sublists at time of writing.