In this video, we will demonstrate how to add Social Squared to your SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams environment directly from the SharePoint Store (Microsoft App Source).
Note: You will need Administrator access to your tenant complete this process, but you can Request the Social Squared App as a non-administrator for your tenant.
To request the Social Squared App for your SharePoint Site, or Microsoft Teams team, please follow the below steps:
- Navigate to a SharePoint site where you wish to use Social Squared. If you want to add Social Squared to Microsoft Teams, navigate to the underlying SharePoint Site for the Team.
- Click the cog icon in the top right corner of your SharePoint Site.
- Click Add an app
- Click the SharePoint Store in the left hand navigation pane.
- In the search box, Type ‘Lightning Tools’.
- Select Social Squared Discussion Forums. Please ignore Social Squared Beta. This is a very old build that we are working on removing from the store.
- Click the REQUEST IT button.
- Select Request this app for everyone in my organization.
- Optionally, provide a justification reason such as “Our department requires a structured Discussion Board within my SharePoint Site or Microsoft Teams Site”.
A request will now be made, and the Administrator will receive an email notifying them of your request. If you are the Administrator, you can follow the steps below:
- As the Administrator, either click approve the request in the email, or navigate to your SharePoint Online AppCatalog.
- Open the App Requests list within the App Catalog.
- Edit the Social Squared Discussion Forums request by clicking the Edit Icon.
- Under View App Details, click the “Click here to view app details and purchase or manage licenses” link.
- You will now be able to click ADD IT.
- Check the box to Make this solution available to all sites in the organization.
- The Social Squared package will automatically download to your SharePoint App Catalog.
- To make Social Squared available within Microsoft Teams Tabs or Microsoft Teams Personal Apps, select the Social Squared package in the Apps for SharePoint, and click Sync to Teams within the Files ribbon.
You will now be able to start using Social Squared. The Getting Started video and documentation will help you.