Within this training video, you will learn how to install Social Squared into your SharePoint Online Tenant for SharePoint and Teams.
Steps to installing Social Squared Client Side Web Part
To install Social Squared into your SharePoint Online Tenant, please follow these steps:
- Download the Lightning Tools Social Squared Files.
- If you are planning on installing the trial version, please download Social Squared by completing the following online form: Download Here (Note: you will receive an email from Lightning Tools with the direct download link in the email). In the downloaded trial zip folder, there are separate folders related to the different versions of SharePoint. The client side web part is available for the 2019, GCC, Teams and SharePoint Online versions.
- If you are an existing customer, you can download Social Squared from here: Download Here
- Extract the downloaded zip folder and locate the file called social-squared.sppkg.
- Meanwhile, open a browser and navigate to your App Catalog. The url will typically be: https://[TenantName].sharepoint.com/sites/appcatalog/SitePages/Home.aspx
- Within the AppCatalog site, please open the Apps for SharePoint library from the left hand navigation pane.
- Drag and drop the social-squared.sppkg file into the Apps for SharePoint library.
- You will be prompted as to whether you trust the social-squared-cswp-client-side-solution. If you wish to use the product, please check the check box “Make this solution available to all sites in the organization” and click Deploy.
- If you wish to use Social Squared within Microsoft Teams as well as SharePoint Online, please select the social-squared-cswp-client-side-solution package, and choose “Sync to Teams” from the FILES ribbon.
- Navigate to the SharePoint Admin Centre and open the API Access option under Advanced on the left pane. Select each pending API access request and choose Approve. You may need to contact your organisation’s administrator if you do not have the access to perform these actions.
- Congratulations, you have now installed Social Squared!